Saturday, July 5, 2008

Riots in Indore : Should we speak up?

A society that does not speak when it should loses altogether the right to speak.

Throughout history, it has been the inaction of those who could have acted, the indifference of those who should have known better, the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered most that has made it possible for evil to triumph." — H.I.M. Haile Selassie


These are some of quotes written in my diary from school days. There is a saying in Sanskrit "when you love someone you can't see his faults".
Now I am a right wing nationalist but how can one support what was done in Indore in last two days.Yes the reaction of Muslims was equally condemnable but are not we making compromise on every step to reach a grand finale goal.

I am in a real state of confusion will end this post with these line from a Pakistani poet

• First they came for the Hindus and Sikhs
• and I did not speak out because I was not a Hindu or a Sikh
• Then they came for the Christians
• and I did not speak out because I was not a Christian.
• Then they came for the Ahmedis
• and I did not speak out because I was not a Ahmedi
• Then they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me
• and I said "wait, you forgot the burqa-clad storm-troops,
• and I know where they are!"

No comments: