Saturday, March 20, 2010

My IIM Indore GD PI experience 2007

Posting after results but nevertheless might be useful for next yr's batch.
Profile :
X- MP board 86.2 ( with 100 in maths & 99 in science)
XII - MP Board 84.66
B TEch in electrical & M tech in Instrumentation & minor in ECE from IIT KGP - 7.83/10 ( 2006)
Working with L&T since June 2006 as Mangment Trainee. Executive assistant to GM

Percentile - 99.59 with VA - 91+ , Quant - 99+ , DI - 98+
14th feb , 9:00 AM PESIT , Bangalore

This place is far form main city .Start early.
We were made to wait in institute's mangment faculty's library & then called for GD. 8 guys in a group.
GD : To select a candidate for a social sector organization

My performance : Not active participant , supported Lavanya’s claim as physical discrimination would be wrong. Supported fellow without degree as he would stick to us. (provisional job) & once came out strongly against all people disqualifying Obese candidate by telling that is not it ironical that we are discriminating among candidates on physical ground while running a soacial sector organisation.


PI :
We were called in random order. I guess it was the one who spoke most in GD was caleed last. I was third last.

I filled up the form only after reaching the venue in the mornig so feviquick had elft some mark on form her & there.
Prof Salwan ( P1) ( he has one og the best profile at IIM I ) & Prof Panigrahi ( P2) were the panelists

Interview :
P1: so u r from Mhow? ( I had written a real life incident mentioning this)
Me: no, from Indore .Mhow my nanaji lives.
P1: interested in politics?
Me: no I have seen enough of it.
P1: why Indore is called Indore?
Me: funda of indoor , indrapur but missed the temple of indrapur.
P1 : interested in history? ( i had written history & politics as my interest)
Me: no of state & Uts & NCR. Integration of pricely states. Why Bhopal became capital? Different states that came to form MP. Karbala issue. India’s defence relation with neigbours ? Maldives – greenhouse effect. Bhopal lake – man made indore famous for? Western indore less developed ?

P2 ;: faraday’s law of EMI, coulomb’s law. Its applications. Lightening? IPV6? Sparse matrix? Control theory ? door locking application.

P1 : Any questions for us ?
IIM I & IIM A similar methods of study?
What sets you apart ? USP ?


PS: I made it to B,L & I.

No comments: